If you love hiking or outdoor adventure, consider your selection of the right shoes a necessity, not a luxury. Wearing the wrong or uncomfortable shoes can turn your long-planned adventurous travel into a disaster. Don’t leave room for this to happen! We, therefore, bring you some of the top best Adventure shoes that are known for their superior quality and unrivaled comfort.
Your adventure may involve walking through a diverse range of landscapes. To fully focus on your experience, you should consider wearing only the most recommended shoes. After our extensive and focused research, here is the list of the top best adventure and travel shoes that will greatly help in improving your outdoor experiences:
- Chaco Odyssey Sandal
- Danner Trail 2650 Boot
- Danner Raptor 650 Boot
- Hoka One One Sky Collection
- Mammut Ducan Knit High GTX Boot
- Merrell MQM Collection
- OluKai Nalukai Kapa Boot
- Vivobarefoot Tracker FG Boot
- Scarpa Mojito GTX Shoe
- Salomon Outback 500 GTX Boot
Why Do You Need Special Shoes for Adventure?
It’s human nature to be adventurous! Well, not all are. But, if you are, it means you’ll have to leave your “normal” region to experience unfamiliar locations with different land surfaces.
Therefore, you must be well prepared for long walks under both wet and dry conditions. It’s for this reason that you have to plan to protect your feet from rocks or debris. This is because you should conquer rough terrains with ease! Well, we ease means with the right shoes!
To comfortably enjoy the experience, you need shoes that are lightweight and well-cushioned for your comfort. They should provide a satisfactory ground grip while keeping your feet dry and well protected.
Under cold conditions, your feet should be well ventilated in order to retain warmth. In warmer conditions, it’s important that your shoes are breathable for enhanced air circulation and comfort.
12 Best Adventure Shoes Worth Buying
1. Chaco Odyssey Sandal
Sometimes you just don’t need heavy-duty hiking boots for your traveling needs. If this is true, Chaco Odyssey Sandal is here with its simple but stylish design for your outdoor adventure!
The new selection is characterized by highly breathable mesh. It has thick soles and a protective toe box to keep your feet safe. Further, they come with comfortable straps for your perfect snap fitting and adjustments.
The unique sandals mesh upper reinforced with synthetic overlays. This ensures both toughness and durability.
Its double density EVR midsole technology provides superb cushioning that your feet need. Due to its ChacoGrip Plus rubber sole, it has the perfect traction you need for your outdoor adventure.
- Has upper breathable mesh hence comfortable to wear.
- LUVSEAT™ dual-density midsole and, therefore, an enhanced foot cushioning.
- Luvseat™ Footbed hence comfortable and durable
- Has a new design of treads for maximum traction
- Chacogrip™ rubber compound hence a perfect ground grip!
- Podiatrists certified foot support design.
- Has Synthetic outsole and, therefore, durable
- Vegan-friendly design
2. Danner Trail 2650 Boot
For your outdoor adventure under cold and wet conditions, Danner Trail shoes is your best choice.
Made of leather and wool fabric, the boots are pretty warm and, comfortable to wear. Because they are waterproof, your feet will remain dry and warm. It’s designed with Vibram Escape soles which enhances stability when walking on ice.
No doubt one of the best adventure shoes worth investing on.
- Light in weight hence guarantees you a stress-free walking experience
- Waterproof making it suitable for wet conditions
- Perfectly insulated hence warm on your feet
- Vibram Escape outsole hence stable on ice
- External heel reinforced for superior leg support
- Vibram 460 outsole for enhanced grip on both wet and dry surfaces
- Has Ortholite footbed hence loved for its cushioning abilities
3. Danner Raptor 650 Adventure Shoes
Danner Raptor 650 is a superbly designed hiking boot that will guarantee you comfort during your winter adventures. Thanks to its PrimaLoft® insulation, your feet will remain warm in cold weather, and perfectly protected by its waterproof and breathable Danner membrane.
The versatile light adventure shoes come with a lace-up closure. Due to this, you can keep the shoes firmly and steadily on your feet as you explore the wild. With its Vibram SPE midsole, you’ll experience a perfect grip both in dry or wetland surfaces. Just what you need during your adventure and exploration missions!
- Ortholite footbed for satisfactory cushioning of your feet
- Light and comfortable shoes suitable for winter hiking
- Vibram SPE technology used in midsole for enhanced grip on both wet and dry surfaces
- Waterproof due to Danner Dry water protection design
- Primaloft insulation for desired warmth and comfort
- Versatile adventure shoes for your exploration flexibility
- Megagrip technology making them suitable for both wet and dry areas.
4. Hoka One One Sky Collection Adventure Shoes
If you’re looking for sturdy walking or hiking shoes for any terrain, this versatile Hoka One One Shoes will not disappoint.
It’s made of water-resistant fabric and is loved for its perfect traction, and comfortable cushioning.
The travel shoes boast of ankle support and Vibram® Megagrip rubber on its outsole. Due to this, it has superior traction on any challenging terrain.
The lightweight shoes come with an adjustable heel strap to effectively secure your feet. If you love backpacking trips and require shoes for your short walks or long treks, Hoka One One Sky is your best choice.
- Lightweight allowing you to run and walk with no strain nor pain
- Vibram Megagrip midsole rubber and 5mm lugs for traction
- It has Dual-injected foam for perfect feet cushioning
- Waterproof bootie for dryness and feet comfort
- GORE-TEX design technology to resist adverse elements.
- Wide platform for maximum stability in any tough terrain
- Full-grain leather for durability and comfort
5. Mammut Ducan Knit High GTX Boot | Mammut GTX Adventure Shoes
Mammut brand is associated with professional mountaineering and rock climbing gears.
Therefore, there is no doubt that these weatherproof Ducan Knit High GTX adventure Shoes are what you need to conquer the alpine routes like a pro.
Since it’s designed with a steel-spring sole, your feet will get the maximum support you need for a comfortable climb all day. The stylish boots boast of a durable upper, and perfect grip on different hiking surfaces
For enhanced comfort, the shoes come with a breathable lining. It has a protective rubber toe cap to ensure to ensure that your feet toes are out of harm’s way. Their lightweight and flexible sole makes them convenient
- Trendy design, Lightweight, and flexible
- High and sturdy shank for enhanced ankle support
- Synthetic rubber reinforcement for durability
- Toe cap for foot protection
- 3D Knit technology for elasticity and comfort
- High shaft for improved foot safety
- The MAMMUT® Flextron Technology™ for enhanced control and grip
- Lace System for proper fitting
- Mammut Georganic 3D Technology
6. Merrell MQM Collection
Merrell modern collection of Adventure shoes for both women and men are designed to fulfill your mountain climbing, hiking or trail running needs.
These sporty shoes are lightweight with breathable mesh for your walking comfort. Their sturdy soles provide desired traction to conquer tough and demanding terrains.
Merrel MQM collection come with 3.5 mm lugs for effective grip and flexible sole for both comfort and foot protection.
They come with bellow tongue to keep your feet free from debris, and traditional lace closure to properly secure your feet in position.
For enhanced heel comfort, they come with Merrell Air Cushion technology for enhanced shock absorption and stability.
- Synthetic sole for the desired durability
- TrailProtect pad for enhanced support
- Dual-directional flex-groove for maximum flexibility and heel support
- Upper mesh for improved breathability
- Eva footbed that’s removable
- EVA midsole for satisfactory stability and agility
- Waterproof technology through the use of GORE-TEX® waterproof membrane
- Bellows tongue to protect your feet from debris
- 3.3 mm lugs for improved surface grip
7. OluKai Nalukai Kapa Boot
Another top best adventure shoe for your long trail is the stylish and fashionable Olukai Nalukai Kapa boots.
If you plan on hiking along the beach, visiting urban centers to enjoy art, OluKai boots will suit you just fine.
The versatile and comfortable shoes have a water-resistant upper waxed canvas with full-grain leather. It’s awesomely lightweight with EVA midsole which you need for perfect traction.
Due to its soft microfiber EVA footbed, you have a versatile foot cushioning wear for your successful adventures.
- Stylish with decorative stitching
- EVA footbed for comfort, foot cushioning and comfort
- Lightweight with EV midsole for perfect traction
- Water-resistant waxed upper
- Full-grain leather accents hence improved comfort!
- Embossed upper logos for unique appeal and style
8. Vivobarefoot Tracker FG Boot
Vivobarefoot Tracker Shoes is loved for its lightweight, comfort, and flexibility. It’s hard-wearing with excellent waterproof properties.
Put these on and you’ll be ready for any rough terrain. They come with a firm outsole for maximum traction
Designed with heat-sealed seams for thermal heat insulation. They have inner hydrophobic bootie for enhanced dryness and comfort.
With their superior insulation and weather-proof uppers, you’ll have the best shoes for your outdoor exploration.
- Rubber sole for maximum traction even in rocky landscapes
- Comes with a removable inner thermal sole
- Outlast thermal regulation and 3.5 mm thick sole for insulation
- 100% rubber for durability and foot support
- Breathable and fully waterproof for ultimate comfort
- Uppers are weather-proof.
- Sealed seams to boost thermal insulation
9. Scarpa Mojito GTX Shoe
Scarpa brand is well known for its superior range of mountaineering, trekking, and hiking shoes. Mojito GTX Shoes is a new collection designed with modern technology for enhanced comfort and water-resistance.
Further, Mojito comes with a Gore-Tex feature which allows for efficient breathability to keep your foot comfortable and dry.
Their robust Vibra Spider Trek sole design provides effective traction. Because of this, they’ll serve you effectively under different surfaces.
With their vibrant colors, your sense of style will be well manifested outdoor.
If you need adventure shoes that will serve you perfectly both during the rainy or cold seasons Scarpa Mojito will. Its inbuilt GORE-TEX® insulation and comfort technology provides comfort in the rain and in cold weather.
- Breathable and comfortable
- Designed for full weather protection
- Waterproof Lining
- Versatile design to fulfill all your outdoor adventure needs
- Fun colors for style even in the mountains!
- GORE-TEX® technology for enhanced performance and comfort
- Robust Vibram Spider Trek sole for maximum grip and traction
10. Salomon Outback 500 GTX Boot
Salomon Outback boot is an ultra-lightweight adventure shoe hence will positively impact on our travel or hiking experience
It’s perfectly designed to provide your feet with the much-needed comfort, cushioning, and mobility.
Thanks to its Advanced Chassis, your feet will remain stable and well protected. Due to its Energycell midsole for shock absorption, it’s obvious that your walking comfort will be guaranteed.
Salomon’s Advanced Chassis provides stable protection, and Energycell midsole absorbs shock to keep you moving.
- Has Advanced Chassis for optimized control of motion and foot protection
- Cordura fabric for desired toughness and durability
- Ultra-lightweight for enhanced outdoor performance
- Salomon Advanced Chasis for stable feet protection and cushioning
- Lace-up closure for proper fitting and stable movement.
- Rubber sole for enhanced grip and traction
- Sculpted collar for enhanced mobility
- Energy cell midsole for shock absorption and comfort
11. Vasque Breeze LT GTX Boot
When you plan to spend days on the trail these lightweight and waterproof Vasque Breeze will provide the comfort you need for your fast summit.
These stylish collections are pretty lightweight, and with GORE-TEX technology for the desired waterproof feature. They boast of sticky traction which you need for long and steep hiking.
The men’s boots upper is made from synthetic microfiber which is resistant to abrasion and hence durable.
- GORE-TEX membrane for waterproofing
- VIBRAM® sole design for enhanced control and ground grip.
- Litebase technology making it lightweight
- Breathable for enhanced feet dryness and comfort
- Anatomical High Rebound Footbed for improved foot support
- Upper synthetic for durability
- TPU mesh for breathability
- Lace-up closer for stable fitting
Tips On Cleaning Your Adventure Shoes | Hiking Boots
When you have your adventure shoes on, be prepared for mud and dirt as you enjoy your outdoor explorations.
After your shoes have faithfully served you, it will now be your time to clean them so that they serve you longer. Failure to do this, you’ll have no option but to plan for their premature replacement.
You must, however, not do the cleaning when tired from the trip. You can plan for the task the following day after a good rest.
Reasons Why You Should Clean Your Adventure Shoes:
- Dirt or sand particles can damage your shoe’ leather fabric
- As the mud on your shoes continues to dry, it will absorb moisture from your valuable shoes. This will cause your adventure shoes to lose their flexibility making them less durable.
Adventure Shoe Cleaning Procedure:
- Get a suitable gentle shoe brush. In case you’ve no special brush, a toothbrush can be a good alternative.
- Using the brush, remove dirt or stone particles that are trapped under your shoes
- Depending on the nature of your shoes, get the appropriate cleaning detergent or a mild dishwashing soap solution.
- After removing the laces from your dirty boots, gently brush off dry mud or stone particles trapped at the bottom of your shoes.
- For a thorough cleaning without leaving mud stains or dirt particles, the use of running water is highly recommended
- It’s important that you adhere to the cleaning requirements provided by your shoe manufacturer. Do not use bar soaps or detergents that are not approved for washing your shoes because some may have damaging effects.
- In case your shoes have developed some mold, some molds developing, consider using about 80% of water and 20% of vinegar during cleaning.
- After successful washing, ensure that your shoes is well rinsed with cleaning water
- Do not put your valuable shoes into a washing machine since this will damage their materials.
Proper Drying & Storage Tips
- For quicker and effective drying, remove insoles and allow your shoes to air- dry.
- Place the washed boots in an area with low humidity so that they dry at normal temperatures.
- To ensure that your boots are not damaged, do not use direct heating sources such as a wood stove, campfire, fireplace, etc
- In order to safely but quickly dry your washed shoes, consider using cold air fan.
- Stuffing old used newspapers will help in drying up the inner part of your shoes. This is because newspapers easily absorb water & moisture!
- When thoroughly dry, store your adventure boots in a cool, dry, and well-ventilated so that they’re not attacked by molds.
Moisturizing Your Adventure Shoes
When your boot material is smooth full-grain leather, it may need a special treat to keep it in perfect condition.
Applying a suitable conditioner in the right amount will help in protecting their surfaces hence helps in improving the durability. However, if your shoes are suede or nubuck leather, they’ll not require a conditioner.
It’s important to remember that using mink oils or other conditioners meant for industrial boots can damage your hiking shoes and hence should be avoided. Therefore, only use those conditioners or cleaning agents that are recommended by the manufacturer.