Electrical Engineers work in hazardous areas and hence need personal protective clothing. One such wears that all Electrical Engineers must have are safety shoes or special work boots. These are meant to protect them from potential injuries or accidents when at their workstations. This article will guide you in identifying and selecting the top Best Safety Shoes ENGINEERED for electrical engineers!
Because there are many types of shoes in the market, identifying the most ideal safety shoes for an Electrical Engineer can be a big challenge. But no more! If you are shopping for the best safety shoes for Engineers, here are the top 10 you should consider purchasing:
- Thorogood Men’s Gen Flex Composite Work Boot
- Carhartt Men’s CMF6366 6 Inch Composite Safety Boot
- Timberland Composite Titan Electrical Engineers Safety Shoes
- Caterpillar Men’s Diagnostic Waterproof Steel-Safety Boot
- KEEN Utility Men’s Milwaukee 6″ Steel Safety Boot
- Dr. Martens Men’s Toe 8-Eye | Electrical Engineers’ Boot
- Timberland PRO® Men’s Boondock Waterproof Safety Boot
- Danner Vicious 8” NMT Work Boot
- Skechers for Work Men’s Workshire Condor Work Boot
- Irish Setter Men’s Ely 83617 6” Work Boot
4 Reasons Why Electrical Engineers Require Safety Shoes?
As a certified Engineer, here are the key reasons why you need safety work shoes or boots:
1. Safety Requirement
Electrical Engineers operate under laid down health and safety standards. It’s, therefore, a policy requirement that Electrical Engineers operating within an industrial setup or at a project site MUST wear steel-toed safety shoes or boots.
2. Prevention of Work-Related Injuries
Electrical Engineers work in areas with different forms of risks. As such, they need to protect their feet from all possible forms of injuries.
Safety shoes or Boots, therefore, ensure that they are safe from feet injuries that can be caused by sharp objects, falling objects, and electrical shocks.
By wearing high-quality and certified safety boots, they will be well protected from accidental slips, fractures, or burns in case of fire accidents.
3. For Comfort at Work
As an Electrical Engineer, you’re expected to move to different project areas. Due to this, you’ll be standing or walking on different surfaces for extended periods can be tiring.
In order to be safe and productive, you need to wear sturdy and comfortable safety shoes! The Safety boots, therefore, should have cushions to provide maximum support and comfort.
4. Fashion and Style Is a Big Deal!
While safety is a critical concern for any Electrical Engineer, being fashionable will always be in fashion! There are different types and designs of safety shoes. Therefore, Electrical Engineers can now have a chance to showcase their sense of style and fashion at their work sites.
The Top 10 Best Safety Shoes for Electrical Engineers
#1. Thorogood Men’s Gen Flex 6-Inch Boots | Glen Safety Shoes for Electrical Engineers
Thorogood Men’s Glen Flex work boot is approved by ASTM approves for electrical hazard protection.
It’s slip-resistant and comfortable footwear. Due to this, you walk with confidence even on a slippery surface. Thorogood Gen Flex is also a waterproof shoe. Further, it’s lightweight and flexible.
- The composite toe cup offers protection against impact.
- Electric shock-resistant soles and heels that withstand high voltage.
- Well-cushioned and flexible to provide comfort and support.
- It is constructed with a durable leather upper that is abrasion and corrosion-resistant.
- EVA midsole for support and shock absorption.
#2. Carhartt Men’s CMF6366 6 Inch | Composite Safety Shoes for electrical engineers
Carhartt Men’s CMF6366 is a superbly high-quality safety shoe. They offer maximum feet-protection against falling objects and electrocution.
Further, the upper leather section of the shoes guarantees durability and shock-resistance. It features EVA midsole for cushioning and support. The shoe is oil and slip-resistant hence suitable for electrical engineers who may be working on surfaces with chemicals or oil spills.
- It has composite toe cap prevents injuries from the impact of falling objects
- Its outsole is constructed with cement and, therefore, very durable
- It features lightweight EVA midsole and OrthoLite insole. Because of these, you’ll get the desired cushioning and comfort.
- The upper side has full-grain leather for durability and also has an added waterproof lining.
- String tie laces are strong and sturdy and hence secures your feet in place all the time.
- Rubber outsole makes the shoe oil and slips resistant for stability while working on a slippery surface.
#3. Timberland PRO 6″Work Boots | TiTAN Composite Safety Shoes for Electrical Engineers
Titan Electrical Engineers Safety Shoes
Another of the top best shoes for electrical engineers is Timberland Pro 6″ TiTAN.
The boot is insulated for protection against electrocution.
The composite safety toe ensures that your feet are safe from a falling object.
The shoe boasts of a waterproof sole to keep your feet warm every time. Further, it comes with a padded collar for your enhanced comfort.
- The outsole has deep lugs to provide traction.
- Composite toe protector protects your feet from injuries.
- The waterproof sole keeps your feet warm and dry in wet surfaces.
- It is made of the rubber outsole and upper leather to prevent electrocution.
Among the top shoe manufacturers for many years is Caterpillar!
This Caterpillar Men’s Diagnostic shoe model is a safety shoe that has been perfectly designed to provide support, comfort, and protection to electrical engineers at work.
It is entirely made of leather for insulation and is water-resistant. It’s ASTM approved, which makes it suitable for electrical work.
- The protective steel toe cap protects the feet from compression and falling objects.
- It features full-grain leather and rubber sole, suitable for the prevention of electrocution.
- The outsole offers excellent traction making it water and slip-resistant and can be used on wet surfaces.
- It is well-cushioned with a padded ankle for comfort.
#5. KEEN Utility Men’s Milwaukee 6″ Steel Toe Work Boot
Keen Utility Men’s Milwaukee is a sturdy leather shoe right for electrical work.
The shoe provides maximum comfort and designed to protect your feet against electric shocks and injuries. It is among the top best safety shoes that meet ATMS safety standards and suitable for electrical engineers.
- High-quality leather and hence tough and durable
- Have rubber outsole with water-resistant layers.
- The outsole has flexible grooves. Because of this, it’s slip-resistant on wet surfaces.
- The metallic locking hooks and eyelets lacing makes it easy to keep your feet in place.
- It features EVA midsole for comfort.
Here comes the grand Dr. Martens Spate Electrical Engineers safety boot!
It’s perfect design guarantees you maximum protection against electrocution, slips, and injury from falling objects or compression.
The leather in the upper section of these classy safety boots and water-proof lining guarantees durability and comfort even in wet areas. It has a well-padded tongue and collar making them one of the most comfortable safety shoes for electrical engineers.
- It features a steel toe cap that protects your feet against falling objects or compression.
- The shoe has a waterproof layer that makes it completely waterproof.
- The outsole is made of sturdy rubber, and the upper is made of leather to offer protection from electrocution.
- It features a high traction outsole, which makes the shoe slip-resistant.
#7. WOLVERINE Men’s Steel-Toe 6″ | Raider Safety Shoes for Electrical Engineers
This Wolverine shoe brand has been in existence for more than a decade. It’s known for its high-quality, and heavy-duty safety shoes suitable for electrical engineers.
Wolverine Raider Steel Toe 6″ boots have embedded steel cup in the toes to protect the feet from the impact of falling objects. The approved by the ASTM for safety, which makes it suitable for electrical engineers.
- It has full-grain leather on its upper part for protection and durability.
- Its lining has a mesh to wick moisture and sweat hence keeping your foot dry
- The outsole has multidirectional lugs for a firm grip on a slippery surface.
- The polyurethane midsole absorbs shocks.
#8. Danner Vicious 8” NMT Safety Shoes
Danner Vicious 8″ NMT is a stable shoe that meets all shoe safety requirements for electrical hazards, impact, and compression.
It offers excellent ankle support. Further, it has EVA midsole cushions to keep your feet comfortable.
The composite toe cup protects your feet against compression or impact. You can walk comfortably over a slippery surface since its Vibram outsole provides a firm grip. No doubt one of the top selections of safety shoes suitable for Electrical Engineers.
- The upper is constructed with full-grain leather hence durable and provides desired insulation
- The shoe has a Gore-Tex Lining and, therefore, completely waterproof.
- Speed Lace System for quick lacing
- It features a composite toe cap to protect your feet from impacts.
- It meets all ASTM Standards.
- The outsole is made of Vibram for a better grip on a slippery surface.
#9. Skechers Work Men’s Workshire Condor Work Boot
These sturdy Skechers Workshire Condor safety shoes are suitable for any work environment including the workplaces for electrical engineers.
It is a lightweight shoe that offers a lot of comforts while guarding against electrical hazards. It is constructed with high-quality leather that comes in three different colors. The boot is crafted with a slip-resistant outsole allowing you to walk safely even on a slippery surface.
- Rubber outsole and leather protect against electrocution, and therefore, highly suitable for electrical engineers.
- Rubber soles offer traction, making it slip-resistant.
- It has a memory foam insole to provide comfort for long.
Irish setter Ely 83607 is no doubt one of the best and well-designed safety shoes!
Because of its style and sturdy features, it’s worth owning by electrical engineers who value safety and fashion!
The shoe is suitable for almost every workplace where protection against injuries and electrical hazards is critical.
You will like the flexibility and comfort the shoe offers! The outsole is made of synthetic material which ensures excellent traction. This is one of the most affordable safety shoes that fulfill all safety requirements and hence a suitable work shoe for Electrical Engineers.
- The shoe offers protection from electrical shocks.
- The outsole is slip-resistant.
- Upper and outsole are made of sturdy materials for durability.
Essential Features of Electrical Safety Shoes
Electrical engineers often come across electrical hazards, among other accidents in their workplace. When you are handling high voltage power lines, the last thing you would wish to step on a live wire. The only way to avoid electrocution is by getting the right pair of shoes. Below are features to guide you when choosing the right shoe for electrical work.
1. Electrical Safety
Electrical hazard shoes are designed to prevent electrocution when you step on a live wire. The electrical hazard shoe should be able to prevent up to 18,000 volts for at least one minute without transferring the shock to your body.
Footwear with a thick rubber outsole does the work by insulating your feet from the electrical currents. In case you stumble over a live wire, your shoe should protect you from the shock.
The boot prevents electrocution which is achieved by breaking the completion of the circuit through grounding.
Most electrical engineers’ shoes have a thicker rubber outsole. Thermolite or Thinsulate are often used to insulate the boots. If you want to know the level of insulation in the shoe, check the indicated weight of Thermolite or Thinsulate used.
3. Slip and Puncture Resistance
The design and material of the outsole contribute immensely to the stability of the shoe. Most often, engineers come across spilled oil or water on their worksite.
Outsole made of rubber, Vibram, and PU provides good tractions hence ensures that safety shoes are slip-resistant. It is crucial to check if your shoe has a slip-resistant level before purchasing.
Your shoe also should be a puncture resistance. Sometimes electrical engineers work on a construction site riddled with nails and sharp objects. Boots with steel or composite toe caps can protect against impacts from objects.
The uppers also should be made from durable leather, and preferably, full-grain leather to withstand abrasions.
4. Toe Protection
A steel toe cap or a composite toe cap should be embedded in the shoe so as to protect your toes from injuries. Composite toes are usually made of carbon fiber, plastic or Kevlar.
The composite toe materials are often useful as they do not transfer heat or cold to the feet. Many electricians avoid steel toe cup for fear of electrical shock. However, steel toe cup protection is not hazardous. They have a lightweight and stronger enough to withstand a high impact.
Tips on Selecting Safety Shoes For Electrical Engineers
When shopping for the right shoes for electrical work, safety comes first. But that’s not all. Shoes are continually evolving, and getting the right shoe for the specific type of foot can be confusing. When choosing the right shoes, also consider ther right size.
1. Consider Shoe Safety Requirements
The first thing to do, before you head for shopping, is to find out safety requirements in your workplace.Those working in a construction site may have a risk of falling or rolling objects and slippery surfaces.
While working with machines, the highest risk can be electrocution. Understanding your working environment would lead you to the right shoe. It is also essential to understand the manufacturer. The type of materials and technology used in constructing the footwear makes a difference. Personal preference may come last.
2. Shop for safety Shoes in the afternoon
Feet usually swell throughout the day because of walking or standing for too long. Trying out shoes in the afternoon may help you get your perfect pair.
If you wondered why your shoes expanded, it might be because you tried them out at the wrong time. To get the right fit, then you should shop in the afternoon or early evening.
a selection. When purchasing your favorite safety shoes for Electrical Engineers on Amazon, study the provided size charts carefully. This is to ensure that you only order the right shoe size that will fit you comfortably.
3. Consider comfort
As they say, comfort is a king. Therefore, you should shop for the safety shoe that guarantees satisfaction for a longer time. You may not want to imagine your time at work on an uncomfortable shoe.
Take time to check out the inside of the shoe for anything that may seem unfit. You should also try out both shoes as feet are almost not the same.
You should also consider that over your feet may grow in size. Some of the features that contribute to the comfort of your shoe include insoles, additional padding, and the design of the shoe. Be sure to check some of these features so as to get your most comfortable wear.
4. Caring for Electrical Engineers Safety Shoes
Caring for your boots makes them last longer. Leather shoes usually require constant treatment with mink oil to keep them water-resistant. You should also clean your shoes at the end of every workday to remove any dirt.
In order to ensure that your shoes are in good safety state, you should always check for signs of cracks or wear.
Remember to store your shoes in a clean, dry place to avoid odors and also keep the leather stiff. Follow the shoe manufacturer’s instructions on how to clean the shoes for its proper maintenance and care.