Shoes accessorize your wardrobe, whether you’re a man or a woman. While they are a good indicator of your sense of style or fashion statement, shoes are also linked to your overall health. For instance, you often wear lovely but painful pointy toe office heels all for the sake of style. Even when you can bear the discomfort, it can eventually have a terrible effect on your foot. Therefore, it is recommended to wear shoes for the office that offer maximum benefits to your body, in relation to foot care.
The right pair of shoes for the office must not only complement your stature and dignified appearance but also provide support and comfort to your tortured feet. From the hundreds of styles, colors, and trends of office shoes, we’ve highlighted the best ones:
- Clarks Women’s May Marigold Slip-on Loafer
- Rockport Cobb Hill Women’s Paulette Flat
- Grasshoppers Women’s Windham Slip-on Flat
- Dansko Women’s Hennie Mary Jane Flat
- Dansko Walker Shoe
- Klogs Footwear Arbor
- KEEN Men’s Austin Work Shoe
If your feet suffer from sores and pain, you are less mobile and less likely to function well in the workplace. If, over the years, your office shoes have inadvertently weakened the muscles of your feet, you can no longer eradicate those bad years. But, you can stop the damage from progressing by wearing the most comfortable shoes.
OFFICE SHOES FOR WOMEN
Clarks Women’s May Marigold Slip-on Loafer
These shoes for the office are a must-have option for every woman, especially that they provide smart shape and convenience. Clarks Women’s May Marigold Slip-On Loafer comes in brown, black, or crocodile leather. There is also a two-inch heel, which is ideal if you don’t like to settle for flats.
For long shifts in the office, these shoes promise a cushion soft comfort experience. This is largely due to the presence of the otholite footbed, alongside its strong support system and sculpted heel. In other words, the shoes provide just an ample amount of cushioning that you expect in office shoes like this.
Rockport Cobb Hill Women’s Paulette Flat
The Rockport Cobb Hill Women’s Palette Flat is one of the most attractive shoes for the office on our list. It features an elegant shape and a simple heel at just the right height for a strong look. Depending on which best suits your tastes, there are various color options, including spruce, stone, red, and black.
What’s great about these shoes is that they are excellent for walking, standing, and running a lot around the office. This means that the designers built the shoes with support and comfort in mind. This is first evident in the simple flexibility of Rockport Cobb Hill Women’s Paulette Flat to cater to extra sizes for different widths. The decorative stitches, button embellishment, and ruched toe box further make up the shoes’ standout design. Additional features include comfort insole, shockproof midsole, and breathable lining.
Grasshoppers Women’s Windham Slip-on Flat
These casual shoes tick a lot of boxes when you need a supportive pair for walking and standing all day. Inspired by boat shoes, these are great for workplaces with a more relaxed dress code. In other words, the Grasshoppers Women’s Windham Slip-on Flat can be smart enough for a business casual look.
Compared to leather office shoes, this model is much airier and lighter. When you’re standing on extended periods, your feet stay dry and healthy. This is further reinforced by the use of odor control and moisture-wicking lining. Extra features of these shoes are elastic goring around the tongue, memory foam padding, and removable footbeds.
Dansko Women’s Hennie Mary Jane Flat
The Dansko Women’s Hennie Mary Jane Flat is more open with a bit more style. The black and grey color schemes are great for general wear, while others look for casual in appearance.
These shoes are a mixture of suede leather and breathable mesh. This makes the Dansko Women’s Hennie Mary Jane Flat the answer to keeping your feet dry and comfortable while standing on your feet for long hours. This all-day comfort is further enhanced by soft textile linings, contours, and cushioning memory foam in all the right places. You can also use the PU footbed and built-in arch support to your maximum advantage.
Office Shoes for Men
Dansko Walker Shoe
The key selling point to the Dansko Walker Shoe lies in the name. It features a clean look, which means that it can complete any kind of office outfit. What’s more, this leather pair is designed to accommodate those walking and standing a lot on concrete floors of the office.
Comfort is mostly due to the soft footbed and highly-cushioned PU midsole. There is also a smooth sock liner for moisture control. Should you wish to use orthotic devices, you can simply remove the footbed and replace them. The bonus here is that the shoes are true to their size and don’t pinch your toes while walking or running around.
Klogs Footwear Arbor
At first glance, it is noticeable that there is a great amount of work that went into the creation of a comfortable footbed. While the footbed has been contoured to cater to the natural shape of your foot, the arch support has been improved to stabilize workers with flat feet. This ensures that they work and stand in all-day comfort. Overall, a vast majority of buyers are keen to praise the style and fit of the Klogs Footwear Arbor.
Clarks Men’s Tilden Slip-On Loafer
The Clarks Men’s Tilden Slip-On Loafer has been proven to offer a smart grip on its non-marking outsole. It is made from an easy-care leather upper with enough heel for a little bit of style.
These shoes are office-friendly and come in the color choice of cognac or wither black. One of its notable features is breathable leather upper that cools down the feet during long periods of walking or standing. There is also a comfort footbed and a flexible sole. You can find relief in the fact that the heel of the Clarks Men’s Tilden Slip-On Loafer cradles your feet perfectly and keeps them blister-free.
KEEN Men’s Austin Work Shoe
Another smart looking pair of office shoes is the KEEN Men’s Austen. It features a lacing system and removable insole for maximum cushioning and arch support. Just like the Grasshoppers Women’s Windham Slip-on Flat, this pair is great when you are going for a business-casual look.
Perhaps the membrane that surrounds and supports the foot for long periods is the star feature of the KEEN Men’s Austin Work Shoe. It offers a lot of breathable space, which means the moisture doesn’t collect inside the shoes. It is also resistant to water, making the shoes handy for when you run errands outside. Your dry and protected feet can then rest on the PU heel cushions and metatomical EVA footbed. Such long-term support and comfort promise a stress-free day at the office.
TIPS FOR CHOOSING THE BEST OFFICE SHOES
Below are the tips to help you understand your feet better and feel your best in just the right pair of shoes for the office:
- For women, replace pointy-toed office shoes with wider pointy toes. Shoes with a narrow pointy toe box can only cut off your toes’ space and add pressure on them. This can eventually lead to higher risks of developing painful bunions, a condition that is 10 times more common in women than in men.
- Shoes with strong grip are the ideal alternative to closed-back office shoes. Closed-back office shoes only make foot tension the greatest of your worries. Under other circumstances, straps that keep the shoes attached are great, as long as they aren’t cutting off circulation.
- For a more relaxed time walking and running around all day, invest in shoes with insoles that provide cushion for shock absorption and arch support.
- Make sure that your shoes for the office are just the right fit. If the stores do not have half sizes, do not always compromise to go a size up or down. It’s not worth it as you may only suffer the consequences in the long run. No matter how cushioned and supportive the shoes are, the incorrect fit will eventually bring about pain.
- Even when it might cost you a trifle more, higher quality shoes should be preferred over cheaper, low-quality ones. Genuine leather is great, but if you have a problem wearing leather, textile alternatives are recommended.
- As for styling, simplicity is key. Avoid sparkles, glitters, bows, intricate decorations, etc. Your goal is to look mature, business smart, and professional that simple designs are the best way to go about.
- Opt for neutral colors such as navy, brown, black, gray, nude, beige, and taupe for maximum versatility. You can easily match these colors with a tailored pantsuit or a corporate dress.
Does heel size matter in office shoes?
It matters because heel size is critical to making your feet happy and for your overall safety. Two-inch heels in moderation are essential for steady hours of standing and walking around the office. If your heel is too high, you may end up with sore feet if not fall accidentally on the ground at some point.
Does price tag matter in office shoes?
At first, you may think that you will get a more supportive pair of shoes if you spend a little more. However, there are high-quality shoes out there that won’t break your bank account. Remember that what is made from durable materials can pay for itself in the years of wear, saving you from making another investment.