Whether you are running or walking, your feet hit the ground to create an impact that is strong enough to cause havoc at your joints. It is for this reason that you should invest in highly recommended shoes for shock absorption.
To save you from the extreme search and uncertainties that come with the rigorous search of shoes for shock absorption, we compiled a list of these types of shoes for you in this article. We cover a detailed breakdown of how these shoes protect your feet from dangerous impact keeping you active and on the move for long. Below are the top recommended shoes for shock absorption:
- ASICS Men’s Gel-Kayano 26 (4E) Shock Absorption Running Shoes.
- Skechers Women’s Full Circle Shock Absorption Shoe.
- Altra Men’s Olympus 2.5 Athletic Shock Absorption Shoe.
- Saucony Women’s ProGrid Integrity ST2 Shock Absorption Walking Shoe.
- Brooks Men’s Addiction Walker Shock Absorption Walking Shoes.
- Altra Women’s Olympus 2.5 Trail Shock Absorption Running Shoe.
- Saucony Men’s Grid Omni Walker Shock Absorption Walking Shoe.
- Propet Men’s Life Walker Strap Sneaker Shock Absorption Shoe.
Why You Need Shock Absorption Shoes
The key role of shock absorption shoes is to effectively dissipate the high amount of energy your body is subjected to as you walk or run.
Foam or cushioning alone is not adequate for absolute shock absorption as it may not absorb energy delivered to your heels and lower parts of your body joints.
Therefore, since your feet are constantly under strain as you walk or run, you require shoes with shock absorption soles. Shoes with these special soles will ensure that you’re free from muscles or feet joint pain.
The special inserts in shock absorption shoes also reduce risks to possible injuries.
Ensuring that you select the most suitable and recommended shock absorption shoes will guarantee your comfort while ensuring that your feet are well-protected. If you engage in sports such as running, the shoes will no doubt enhance your performance.
8 Recommended Shoes for Effective Shock Absorption
You get nothing but luxurious comfort and a boosted bouncing when putting on this unique running shoes.
The ASICS Men’s Gel boasts of a GEL technology incorporated on the forefoot and the rear, which offers high-density shock absorption giving you a comfortable feel over long distances.
Its DUOMAX midsole is ideal for smooth overpronation control as it combines two different density materials to minimize the risk of flat feet and bunions.
Additionally, this shoe prides itself in its AHAR rubber sponge which helps to reduce excessive wear and tear making it last longer.
The designers of the shoe incorporated the Impact Guidance System (IGS) in the designing of the shoe to help enhance your foot’s natural gait from heel-strike to toe-off.
The shock absorption ability is further boosted by the lightest weight midsole formulation that gives you continuous cushion thanks to its organic nanofibers.
On top of that, it is made with SpevaFoam 45 lasting material to improve comfort.
- It comes with lightest weight midsole formulation that provides extra cushion with the organic nanofiber.
- Its Jacquard mesh upper allows your feet to breathe offering them the desired comfort and support for the long races.
- The impact guidance system enhances your foot’s natural gait from heel strike to toe.
- FlyteFoam Propel Technology for an enhanced bounce.
- DuoMax Support System for effective feet support and stability.
- Extreme comfort.
- Ideal for heel protection.
- Firmer and supportive insole.
- There is too much space in the toe area.
Apart from being a perfect answer to women’s pain issues with shoes, the manufacturer of this shock-absorbing shoe brags of being a global leader in the footwear industry.
It is evident therefore that the Full Circle Shock Absorption Shoe is one shoe that will not disappoint. The shoe’s upper is designed with the SKECHERS Gratis-Full circle textile with synthetic overlays for support.
The shoe comes with a flex design midsole to offer you the best shock absorption services leaving your feet and joints safe from impact-related injuries.
The shoe’s comfort is unmatched. The lightly padded collar and tongue ensure they fit perfectly well making them extremely comfortable.
Plus, the breathable textile lining and the air-cooled memory foam ultra-soft footbed comes in handy to maximize the comfort the shoe offers you.
- The lightly padded collar and tongue offer a comfortable fit and keeping your feet safe from impact-related injuries.
- Its flex design midsole is lightweight and flexible for perfect shock absorption.
- The Bungee lace system offers custom and s secure fit to further boost comfort.
- The sneakers are stylish.
- Super lightweight.
- Excellent traction.
- The shoe upper could be made from a much durable material.
You will be intrigued by a max-cushioned trail shoe that offers you top-notch protection thanks to its 32mms of the sweet cushion.
The Men’s Olympus Shock Absorption shoes don’t seem to stop there in making you comfortable. It comes with a foot-shape toe box and a zero-drop platform to boost your comfort on even the worst of terrains.
You are sure of cushioning, comfort, and protection when putting on the shoes regardless of the activity you engage in while having them on.
Anytime you put on the shoes, your feet assume a natural foot positioning reducing the diverse effects of a strong impact.
Shock absorption is mainly achieved by the 5mm contour footbed insole. Your feet will always be safe and intact in case of mild impacts and wrongly taken steps.
- Its outsole is made of durable rubber with Vibram mega grip to improve traction and keep you stable.
- Its strategic 5mm contour footbed allows for improved shock absorption hence protecting your foot even more.
- The footshape toe box and zero-drop platform give you comfort and stability even on rugged terrains.
- Natural ride system.
- Natural foot positioning.
- The toe box is a little too short and tight.
You will never complain of pronation issues anymore if you get yourself these ProGrid ST2 Shock Absorption walking shoes.
They are super comfortable and luxurious shoes that make your walking experience a non-strenuous one.
The PROGRID cushioning is ideal for maximum shock absorption while walking keeping your feet safe and comfortable.
Plus, it comes with a full-grain leather upper which comes with a forefoot stretch zone and top lacing for a forgiving and comfortable fit.
Furthermore, it features a cushioned insole that offers optimal support for neutral walkers and a flexible rubber outsole for complete support outside and a firm grip on the surface.
The rubbers are durable and perfect for both outdoor and indoor activities.
We can’t fail to mention its unique padded tongue and collar for easy slip in and perfect grip on your foot once inside the shoe.
- The forefoot stretch zone of the shoe provides a more comfortable and tolerant forefoot fit.
- The PROGRID cushioning technique offers incredible cushioning in a lightweight package.
- Its non-marking outsoles are ideal for providing good traction on any surface either indoors or outdoors.
- Strong rubber sole.
- Comfortable and supportive for most types of feet.
- Perfect support for your heels.
- The shoe is a little stiff.
The superb shock absorption rate of these Brooks Men shoes makes them have a feel of running shoes while walking with them.
They come with a durable energy-returning MoGo midsole cushioning that sees to it that your foot is covered against risky impacts you may make while walking.
The cushioning also boosts the comfort making the walking experience an admirable and addictive one.
Its upper is made of a suppler full-grain leather to make sure they last long and give you the best of service for the longest time possible. Your heels will enjoy the strong support that the shoe offers setting you free from any heel pains associated with long walks.
Thanks to the BioMoGo DNA that adapts to your weight, stride, and speed, every step you make with this shoe will always be comfortable.
Additionally, the shoes are slip-resistant thanks to the forefoot MC Pod construction and the innovative outsole that sets your foot in a balanced and stable position.
- It has an extended progressive diagonal rollbar that supports your arch for a natural walking position.
- The full-grain leather upper is responsible for the shoe’s long life and comfort on your upper foot.
- Its BioMoGo DNA technique offers soft cushioning by adapting to your strides, weight, and speed making each of your steps comfortable.
- It offers maximum heel support.
- Helps with managing Plantar Fasciitis.
- The front rubber peels off easily.
Altra Women’s Olympus version 2.5 is an upgrade of the former version 2.o which was also extremely great. However, this latest version comes packed with better goodies than the previous one.
The upper has been reinvented to work perfectly in eliminating blowouts and create a breathable atmosphere within the shoe.
Great features like the grippy Vibram Mega grip outsole has been retained to see to it that your stability during movement is at its best.
No need to worry about shock absorption and comfort since the Fit4her technology, footshape toe box and zero-drop platform all come together to offer you the stability and comfort you yearn for while walking.
When walking on aggressive terrains, the Altra-exclusive Gaiter Trap has been updated to a new four-point system to keep your gaiter even more secure than before on such harsh terrains.
- It is designed in a fully cushioned zero drop platform with a footshape toe box for added comfort and stability.
- The dual-layer EVA with A-bound midsole is the inner-shoe shock absorber that keeps you out of pain upon hard impacts.
- Its upper is made of Abrasion-resistant mesh to keep the shoe going for longer periods.
- StoneGuard Rock protection.
- Natural foot positioning.
- Perfect protection on aggressive terrain.
- The toe box is a little smaller for most foot sizes.
This is yet another great of the Saucony Shock Absorption Shoes of the male gender. With almost the same features and qualities as of the women shoe, the Men’s Grid Omni Walker Shock Absorption Shoe is one comfortable shoe to consider for long walks.
The shoe is made for walkers but with the features of a great running shoe. It makes walking such an enjoyable and fun event that you won’t realize it when you hit that 10 miles mark.
This sporty selection has a compression-molded EVA midsole with a higher durometer hence helps in slowing the rate of pronation as it absorbs impact-related shock.
Plus, it has an asymmetrically engineered sole for a biomechanical fit.
When in action walking, the walk Trac patented outsole comes in handy to offer a smooth transition. The rubber sole is also ideal for great traction giving all the support you may need while walking.
- The shoe has a visible rare foot grid system for improved traction on surfaces you walk on.
- Its compression-molded EVA midsole with a higher durometer helps to slow down the rate of pronation.
- It is asymmetrically engineered to improve its fit and grip around your foot anytime you put it on.
- Made of durable leather and synthetic.
- Comfortable for long walks.
- They have great arch support.
- The shoe tends to lose its grip faster when it rains or on a slippery floor.
When looking for great shock absorption walking shoes from a reputable company like Propet, then this Propet Life Walker Sneaker is your other best option.
The EVA midsole with durable arch support comes in handy to fulfill the shock absorption duties this shoe is perfect in. Your feet are left protected and relieved amid impact and outward pressure.
The shoe comes with a removable footbed so that you can replace them with custom made orthotics for better comfort and to help with special medical conditions.
The firm heel counter helps a lot in keeping you firm, flexible, and in place for a perfect fit.
These shoes are also coded for reimbursement under the Medicare Therapeutic Shoes for Persons with Diabetes making your purchase a safe one. Plus, they exist in various sizes and widths for a perfect fit.
- The shoe is fitted with the EVA midsole with a durable arch for protection against hard impacts.
- The removable footbed allows for room for customization and improvised comfort.
- Its firm heel counter is a key contributor in keeping you firm, flexible, and sets you up for a perfect fit.
- Variable sizes and widths.
- Coded for reimbursements.
- Adjustable hook-and-loop closure.
- The width could be a little narrower for most foot sizes.
Health Benefits of Walking/Running on Shock Absorbing Shoes
Walking or running on Shock-Absorbing shoes has some health benefits that you wouldn’t want to miss out on if you walk or run consistently as a form of exercise or just for nature tours. We listed some of these benefits below. Have a look.
1. Reduced Stress and Strain on Knee
Walking or running for an extended time will certainly have an impact on your knees and ankles.
When ignored, the problem may accumulate to create even bigger problems later that may end up causing you more of your finances and time to treat.
It is for these reasons that you ought to invest in good shock-absorbing shoes to help curb this risk and help you save on your money and time in the future.
2. Increased Comfort
All great shock absorbing shoes come with proper cushioning and padding that increases comfort significantly.
Your walking and running experience will be a different experience from what other walkers and runners are having with shoes that do not shock absorb.
3. Reduced Foot Pains
Aching feet will always send you to doctors or introduce you to using painkillers to help you in controlling the pain.
All these have side effects either financially or on your health. The shock-absorbing shoes help to reduce pain on your feet giving you an easy time taking care of your feet.
Save on the money you would pay consulting doctors and reduce the ingestion of painkillers that would later have more devastating effects.
Shoes for shock absorption are a great option for you if you constantly do your exercises over different types of terrains.
Getting the ideal shoes should not be a problem now as you already have the best compilation here. Get what fits you best and be free of pain and stress.